Jimmy Kimmel returned to his late-night talk show Monday night with son Billy in tow to
- Custer State Park fire spreading rapidly, threatening towns December 13, 2017Officials say a wildfire in a popular South Dakota state park grew rapidly overnight, pushing beyond the park's borders and threatening nearby communities.
- Republican higher education bill clears first hurdle December 13, 2017Republican higher education bill that eliminates key student loan subsidies and boosts for-profit colleges passes first major hurdle in House.
- Ex-polygamous sect leader gets nearly 5 years in fraud case December 13, 2017A former polygamous sect leader has been sentenced to nearly five years for his role in a carrying out an elaborate food stamp fraud scheme and for escaping home confinement while awaiting trial.
- Studies: Warming made Harvey's deluge 3 times more likely December 13, 2017New studies find global warming's fingerprints were all over the record rainfall from Hurricane Harvey this year.
- Rock Hall 2018 class: Nina Simone, Bon Jovi, the Moody Blues December 13, 2017Iconic singer Nina Simone and New Jersey rockers Bon Jovi lead the 2018 class of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, which includes four first-time nominees.