Vice released a 22-minute documentary, “Charlottesville: Race and Terror,”
- A grim subway reality: Corpses sometimes kept in break rooms August 17, 2017Transit workers are complaining about the longstanding police practice of using employee break rooms and bathrooms to temporarily store the bodies of people struck and killed by subway trains.
- July ranks 2nd for heat globally, hottest recorded on land August 17, 2017US government scientists calculate that Earth broiled last month to more record-like heat, calling it part of man-made global warming.
- Texas police chiefs start adapting to sanctuary cities law August 17, 2017Even as Texas' new law targeting so-called sanctuary cities remains in legal limbo, police chiefs and sheriffs are making changes to comply.
- Tech companies banishing extremists after Charlottesville August 17, 2017Major tech companies are taking a firmer stand against white supremacists in the wake of the deadly violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Cleveland Clinic will pull event from Mar-a-Lago resort August 17, 2017A leading U.S. hospital says it will pull an annual fundraiser from Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort after all.